Followers

Tuesday 8 May 2007

The midges are here, Ha Ha Ho Ho He He Hum Hum.

The little ba****ds are a biting but who cares........
I splashed on the skin cream and went out. I managed to get the roof beams laid down on the seasoning bed. (cant think of the proper name). My shoulder has the bruise to prove it and as I type this I realize that I didn't put down any plastic on the ground underneath. Its not the driest place, under the wall but it gets very little sun, which means that the broad face can be left open to the air. So when I think about that I realize the timber at the back will get less air. Mmmmmm Oh well. I know Ill put some chimneys up the back that stick up into the sun and paint them black. When they heat up the air inside will rise and draw in fresh air through the stack. Ta Da. :-) I may have to have something to hang over the face when the wind and rain, come together, too!
Back to the plastic; It will keep the ground dry underneath and stop the green stuff growing up under the timber. No doubt Fanny will find a reason to go there.
So Ill fix alllllllll that tomorrow. yes. Not.



I like to split the pictures up with a bit of text.



So there we have the six main beams + timber for some of the windowsills.



I got the corrugated iron with the concrete blocks from an old shed that was being replaced with a new one. Thanks Cruiky. Handy. Ill be using these as the permanent roof when that gets built.







I also had a big fire and you can just see the remains. Also one of the trunks has been cut into
8 foot lengths and rolled down the bank. its a hard life.

Now what did I have for lunch I hear you cry......Video here.



Fanny is dribbling on my arm here as he just loves to sit on my lap while I am at the computer. The baby rabbit score is 7 with 2 of them last night. Flea bag.