Followers

Tuesday 26 June 2007

Another bench.

All thats left of the six pines that were felled are the knotty trunks. I hope to cut the timber for a work area behind the shed with this. The boards will be 2 inch so a few knots wont harm them. The first bit I pulled off the slope was a bit ruff so I thought it might be time for a bench. The idea for a Chaise long came to mind having seen one round at the Forest mans house. Then with a bit of banter with my landlord and neighbors a good spot was picked for it. The kids can sit on it when they wait for their school bus and anyone who has climbed to the top of the hill and is a little out of breath can get a rest.




This is situated at the gate house entrance. So you can see it as you drive past.












That was all done on Monday. Today I got up and thought I would make a start tidying up the Greenhouse. I took the photo below so you could see the way it was and then went in and proceeded to lift a length of timber tangled in the weeds. Suddenly there was allot of buzzing. I thought it was a load of flies but quickly changed my mind........




Below you can see the reason why. LOL.



A big old wasps nest and they were none too happy. If I get the chance I'm going to spray them at night. (Did it before and they don't come out) Then get the nest. Exciting what?

No comments: